Friday, July 10, 2009

We Were Promised Jetpacks

FACT:

I rarely discover bands on my own.
Im old, and by contrary belief I am not nearly as hip as many people think I may be. I came across the name We Were Promised Jetpacks and I stereotyped their young look and name as a definite pop-suck-rock band...but I was mistaken.


From Glasgow, this band really is something else. I dig the generic indie sound, which is existent in many of their tracks, but they do it very well. So well, that I have to say I like every song on the album. Sometimes the vocals/accent is so thick that it's almost too much, but that's what is kind of different. With that,I have to see them at the Knitting Factory in September or butts will get cut. For real though, James left his knife over after the 4th.


Quiet Little Voices -hott track

Conductor - slow jam, for the ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment