Thursday, February 12, 2009

Joaquin Phoenix is a Genius

FACT:

I saw Reservation Road the other day. I had thought to myself, "Wow what a great movie, the acting by this great cast is amazing." Joaquin Phoenix is a great actor. He has been in the limelight for a few years, but has such a great reputation . The ability to choose and play such different roles has given him the success and reputation of an A list actor. It didn't surprise me that he announced his retirement from cinema at age 34, and i actually respect the idea of him throwing in the towel instead of making shitty movies as he ages.


What did surprise me was the footage taken by Casey Afflack in a club in Vegas last month. I wont give the already known details, except the Mr Phoenix claims that Diddy has signed him for a record and that hes focusing on hip-hop. After being on Letterman, and saying noting, the tension is built for anything to happen.


I know a lot of people are thinking, "Is he for reals, or was he just kidding?"

I don't think either reaction is important, but more of how bad ass that is that Joaquin has taken acting into real life. I have seen and heard of publicity stunts, but this has got to be the best of the best. For one, I would predict Joaquin to dress up like a dinosaur, then to play off a live, 3 song rap set. To be as serious of an actor as he is, or was, shows that Joaquin has a sense of humor and can get down.

I am interested to see where Joaquin Phoenix will show up next, hustlen and flowin....or something. I also plan to watch We Own The Night tonight. I am thinking that Marky Mark showed him how to bust a rhyme, hence where he is today.





1 comment:

  1. I saw this first on your blog... he has to be promoting something or just taking entertainment to a different level.

    Either way, i agree its genius!

    ReplyDelete