Monday, February 23, 2009

New Phoenix

FACT:

I love Phoenix.
I am very thankful that a superfriend of mine introduced me to this indie McFrenchy band, who also harped about how good their older albums were. It's Never Been Like Us was just missing something, not nearly as jiggy and fun as the past albums.

Bringing us to today, and the anticipation for the new album Wolfgang Amedeus Phoenix. The first track's been released, 1901, which certainly has the sound I was looking for. Not too catchy, giving me high hopes for the rest of it. Besides having a great sound, Phoenix has an interesting history (some of the members used to be in bands with Daft Punk and Air, the singer's married to Sophia Coppola.) If you are'nt a fan, you should at least feast your eyes on Jean Gray, comic book or real life, both are real forest fires....burnin

No comments:

Post a Comment