Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sneezes?

FACT:

I did not pay much attention to anything being taught to me in High School. So the other day I was thinking "why do people sneeze?" - technically speaking. And with that, has anyone sneezed with their eyes open? Thank God for this thing called the internet, cause I needed answers.
A sneeze is an involuntary nervous response to nasal irritation. A sneeze impulse affects a variety of body parts, including the abdomen, chest, neck, and face. During a sneeze, the impulses that travel through your face cause your eyelids to blink. This response is entirely automatic. There's nothing you can do about it. Sneezing puts a lot of pressure on your head and respiratory system, so blinking is probably a protective mechanism.

1 comment:

  1. I think I sneeze with my eyes open, but, very thought provoking Matt

    ReplyDelete